Published on: December 23, 2021
The first batch of next-generation Armoured Engineer Reconnaissance Vehicles (AERV) was formally inducted into the Indian Army
- Indigenously designed and developed by DRDO
- Manufactured by the Pune unit of Bharat Electronics Limited
- 90% indigenous content
- Versatile BMP-IIK amphibious Infantry Combat Vehicle (ICV)
- Fitted with instruments for water reconnaissance, land reconnaissance, navigation and data backup.
- Capable of measuring soil bearing capacity on riverbanks to determine if they are motorable for military vehicles on Go-No-Go basis (critical parameters for bridge laying), dry and wet gaps in day and night conditions, slopes and height of river banks or canals.”
- Can navigate terrain using Military Grid Coordinate System
- Measure and plot underwater beds and water currents of rivers or canals
- Store data from various instruments on Control Console for further analysis and decision-making.