Published on: November 26, 2021
Constitution Day also known as ‘Samvidhan Divas’ is celebrated in our country on 26th November every year, to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- By: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Aim – publicize the glorious and rich composite culture and diversity of our nation. Create awareness of Fundamental Duties as enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- On November 26, 1949, the Constitution of India was adopted by the Assembly.
- On January 26, 1950, the Constitution was enforced.
- India’s constitution is the longest written constitution in the world containing 395 Articles, 22 Parts and 12 Schedules. It took around 2 years, 11 months and 17 days to complete the Constitution.