Published on: November 25, 2021
SNIPPETS – 25 NOVEMBER 2021
SNIPPETS – 25 NOVEMBER 2021
- Karnataka must procure locally-grown produce for distribution under the Public Distribution System (PDS), the Karnataka Agriculture Price Commission (KAPC) recommended to the state government in a report
- Taking note of the rise in the number of children who are malnourished and anaemic in north Karnataka, the Department of Public Instruction has decided to provide eggs to students in government and aided schools in seven districts from December under Mid-Day meal scheme, which is under Ministry of education. The scheme Guarantees one meal to all children in government and aided schools and madarsas supported under Samagra Shiksha.
- Karnataka’s ‘Chota Mumbai’ Hubballi has emerged as a key hub for all kinds of valves and related accessories and started contributing significantly to domestic and exports markets. Major global players have shifted their focus to India, says trade body; Hubballi sells, exports valves worth ₹1,000 cr. per annum
- The National Green Tribunal, Chennai, has directed a joint committee to ascertain if any construction has been made on Karwar Beach and in Kali riverbank areas in violation of CRZ rules and identify the same. The regulations are by the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate change under the Environment Protection Act 1986.
- Ministry of Panchayat Raj, Government of India had organised one day National Consultative Workshop on Citizen Charter and Delivery of Services by Panchayats as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav recently. Participants from 16 States signed the Mysuru Declaration and resolved to roll out the Common Minimum Service delivery by Panchayats across the country from April 1, 2022. The declaration is aimed at recognising Citizen Centric Services as the “Heart of Governance”
- Prime Minister chaired the meeting of 39th edition of PRAGATI, the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Centre and State governments.
- PM pays tributes to Lachit Borphukan on Lachit Diwas. He is known for his leadership in the 1671 Battle of Saraighat that thwarted a drawn-out attempt by Mughal forces under the command of Ramsingh I to take over Ahom kingdom of Assam
- Acknowledging that poor families still need food security support in the middle of a recovering economy, the Centre has decided to extend its free ration scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY), for another four months, until March 2022. Eligible beneficiaries will receive 5kg of foodgrains and 1 kg Gram per month.
- The Centre has withdrawn Chhattisgarh from the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin with immediate effect. The scheme aims at providing a pucca house, with basic amenities, to all houseless householder and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated house, by 2022. The decision was taken citing poor response from state
- To promote and attract tourism business, the Indian Railways launched Bharat Gaurav trains that will be operated by private players and run on theme-based circuits.
- Shortage of drug, Desferal 500 mg hits thalassaemia patients in Karnataka. It is a inherited blood disorder, where body produces an inadequate amount of haemoglobin – a protein molecule that carries oxygen in the red blood cells
- Light-touch regulation of PM-WANI framework will encourage entrepreneurs to set up public wifi hotspots and generate additional revenue