DESIGN LINKED INCENTIVE (DLI) SCHEME
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has invited applications from 100 domestic companies, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) as well as startups for incentives under the design linked incentive (DLI) scheme.
ABOUT THE SCHEME
- Domestic companies, startups as well as MSMEs will receive fiscal and design infrastructure support at various stages of development and deployment of their plans over the next five years.
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) will act as the nodal agency for the implementation
- AIM – Promote the domestic manufacturing of semiconductor and allied devices
- Expected to provide a globally competitive incentive package to companies in semiconductors and display manufacturing as well as design.
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
- Any of a class of crystalline solids intermediate in electrical conductivity between a conductor and an insulator.
- Semiconductors are employed in the manufacture of various kinds of electronic devices, including diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. Such devices have found wide application because of their compactness, reliability, power efficiency, and low cost.
- As discrete components, they have found use in power devices, optical sensors, and light emitters, including solid-state lasers.