Published on: August 11, 2021
Aonla What is in news : Transportation of Milk through “Doodh Duronto” special trains from Renigunta of Andhra Pradesh to the National Capital has crossed ten crore litres mark.
http://amyantoinette.com/2013/11/one-year_1.html About :
- Introduced – 26th March, 2020
- By – South Central Railway
- Prior to Covid-19, Milk tankers were being attached to weekly Superfast Trains to cater the milk needs of the people in New Delhi and surrounding regions.
- When Lockdown was implemented in the country, to supplement the cause, South Central Railway has started unique concept of operating “Doodh Duronto” special trains by exclusively attaching Milk tankers.
- Doodh Duronto specials are run normally with 06 Milk tankers, each milk tanker having a capacity of 40,000 liters i.e., totaling to 2.40 lakh liters of milk in a train.