order isotretinoin online australia What : High-valued brackishwater fish
neurontin 800 mg street value What is in news : Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA), Chennai under Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has developed breeding and seed production technology of Grey Mullet (Madavai) under controlled conditions.
About Grey Mullet :
- Found worldwide in coastal temperate and tropical waters
It is under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS : PM MATSYA SAMPADA
- PMMSY is a scheme to bring about Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of fisheries sector in India under two components namely, Central Sector Scheme (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- The Scheme will be implemented during a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- Major Benefits of PMMSY:
- Address the critical gaps in the fisheries sector and realize its potential.
- Augmenting fish production and productivity at a sustained average annual growth rate.
- Improving availability of certified quality fish seed and feed, traceability in fish and including effective aquatic health management.
- Creation of critical infrastructure including modernisation and strengthening of value chain.
- Creation of direct gainful employment opportunities to about 15 lakh fishers, fish farmers, fish workers, fish vendors and other rural/urban populations in fishing and allied activities.
- Boost to investments in fisheries sector and increase of competitiveness of fish and fisheries products.
- Social, physical and economic security for fishers and fish workers.