Published on: November 22, 2021
KARNATAKA STATE LEGISLATURE FINANCIAL AUTONOMY
The Karnataka legislature will seek financial autonomy from the State Government
- It is on the lines of the Lok Sabha Secretariat
- Himachal Pradesh is the first State to provide financial autonomy to the legislature
- Autonomy will help reappropriation of the budget if needed without approaching the Finance Department
- It was one of issues discussed at the two-day all-India conference for presiding officers in Shimla
- SHIMLA CONFERENCE – Was held to mark the centenary of a similar meeting held in 1921.