Published on: November 20, 2021
SNIPPETS – 20 NOVEMBER 2021
- Bengaluru has reported fewer cases of Vector Borne diseases like dengue and chikungunya this year compared to last year. Vector-borne diseases are Human illnesses caused by parasites, viruses and bacteria that are transmitted by vectors.
- The Indian Railways decided to resume cooked meals on trains after the service was stopped last year owing to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Allahabad High Court has called upon the Central Government to forthwith initiate the process for implementation of Uniform Civil Code. They are Generic set of governing laws for every citizen without taking into consideration the religion. Article 44 of the Constitution says there should be a Uniform Civil Code.
- PM announced that the three contentious farm laws passed last year would be repealed. Article 245 gives Parliament the power to make laws for the whole or any part of India, and state legislatures the power to make laws for the state and repeal a law from the same provision.
- Deposits by NRIs at banks in Kerala have grown by 10 per cent in the last fiscal, notwithstanding the return of lakhs of expatriates due the crisis in the wake of the pandemic.
- Birth Anniversary of Indira Gandhi celebrated
- The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Rani Lakshmibai on her Jayanti