Published on: February 3, 2023
Why in news? After the launch of Kaveri 1, a pioneer system then used in registration across Karnataka, the State government has launched the much-awaited Kaveri 2 to ease the process.
- The pilot project was launched at Chincholi sub-registrar office in Kalaburagi district
- With efficient integration with other online services related to land, such as Bhoomi, E-swathu and E-asthi, fraudulent practices will also come down
What is Kaveri 2 ?
- The new web-based application, is expected to save time spent by the public, will work in the pre-registration, registration and post-registration phases.
- Templates for document preparation to be provided and DIY videos made available on YouTube
- Public are expected to come to the sub-registrar’s office only for registration after scheduling an appointment
- It has been developed by the Centre for Smart Governance and e-Governance department
- Once the registration is completed, the public can avail their documents in digital form through DigiLocker and physical form.
- Eventually, the government could decide on providing documents only through DigiLocker
About Kaveri portal
- It is a web based application of Department of Stamps & Registration, Government of Karnataka
- This digital platform enables users to register properties, land, and other relevant documents online without requiring a visit to the area sub-registrar’s office (SRO).
- It enables citizens to know the details of stamp duty, property guidelines value, data entry for the document registration and marriage registration
- Services are divided into two parts one is for Guest Users and other is for registered users.