Published on: September 13, 2021
What : New application programming interface
By : CoWin
- It is called ‘Know Your Customer’s or Client’s Vaccination Status’
- Developed as an extra security layer in order to protect personal data before sharing it with any third-party verifying entity as and when required.
How vaccination status can be accessed:
- In order to access the vaccination status of the person, his registered mobile number and name must be entered by the verifying entity in order to generate a one-time password or OTP.
- This two-layer authentication will enable CoWin to quickly respond on the vaccination status.
- It will show 0, if the person is not vaccinated
- 1 if the person is partially vaccinated
- 2 if the person is fully vaccinated.
- Report on vaccination will be digitally signed and can be shared instantly by the verifying entity.
- “Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network”
- Developed by Indian government
- For COVID-19 vaccination registration
- Owned and operated by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Displays booking slots of COVID-19 vaccine in the nearby areas and can be booked through it
- Integrated with the Aarogya Setu and UMANG Apps
- Provides digitally verifiable certificate, which can be saved on a device or on Digi Locker, digitally.