Published on: January 1, 2022
LADAKH BRIDGE ROAD
Defence Minister inaugurated 27 projects built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) recently
- Is in south Ladakh
- Connecting Chisumle and Demchok
- Passes through a pass known as Umling La (height of over 19,000 feet)
- Height of the pass makes it the highest motorable road in the world
- Recently recognised as such by Guinness World Records.
- Built under extremely challenging conditions, as temperatures in the region can fall to below minus 40 degrees Celsius, and oxygen levels go down to 50 per cent below normal.
- 60-metre bridge has been built at the point called Km 99.3 on the road.