Published on: December 9, 2021
PM KUSUM SCHEME
Hastināpur Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) issues advisory for the General Public on PM Kusum Scheme
ABOUT THE SCHEME
- Full Name – The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan scheme
- Under – Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)
- Aims to add solar and other renewable capacity of 25,750 MW by 2022
- Component A: 10,000 MW of Decentralized Ground Mounted Grid Connected Renewable Power Plants of individual plant size up to 2 MW.
- Component B: Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps of individual pump capacity up to 7.5 HP.
- Component C: Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid-connected Agriculture Pumps of individual pump capacity up to 7.5 HP.
- State Nodal Agencies(SNAs) of MNRE will coordinate with States/UTs, Discoms and farmers for implementation of the scheme.
- Components A and C of the Scheme was to be implemented in Pilot mode till 31st December 2019.
- The Component B, which is a ongoing sub-programme, will be implemented in entirety without going through pilot mode.