Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana
Why in news? The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has revamped the existing scheme of Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme with renaming it as ‘Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) ‘ for implementation during 2021-22 to 2025-26
- Parent Ministry : Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- It aims to convert villages with significant tribal population into model villages covering a population about 40% of the total tribal population.
- Under this, States / UTs with Scheduled Tribes have at least 50 % ST population and 36 with 500 STs , It is envisaged to cover 428 villages
- The main objective of the scheme :
- To achieve integrated socio-economic development of selected villages through convergence approach.
- It involves preparation of village development plans based on needs , potential and aspirations.
- Includes maximizing the coverage of individual / family benefit schemes of the Central / State Governments and improving the infrastructure of critical sectors such as health, education, connectivity and livelihood.
- Envisages bridging the gaps in 8 areas of road connectivity , telecommunication connectivity (mobile/internet), schools, anganwadi centres, health sub-centres, drinking water facilities, drainage and solid waste management.
- States/UTs are encouraged to converge resources in the form of Central and State Scheduled Tribe Component Fund (STC) funds