compassionately Why in news?
buy research accutane The Prime Minister addressed the Manipur Sangai Festival via video message . Labelled as the grandest festival in the state, the Manipur Sangai Festival helps in promoting Manipur as a world-class tourism destination.
- It is an annual cultural festival organised by Manipur Tourism Department every year from 21 to 30 November.
- Tourism Festival, has been renamed as the Sangai Festival to stage the uniqueness of the brow-antlered deer popularly known as the Sangai.
- Aim :
- To promote Manipur as a world class tourism destination
- It showcases the states contributions to art and culture, handloom, handicrafts, fine arts, indigenous sports, cuisine, music and adventure sports, as well as the natural environment
- It is celebrated in different parts mainly in the valley areas of imphal.
- It is an endemic deer found only in Manipur
- It is also the state animal of Manipur.
- IUCN Status : Endangered
- Original natural habitat: Floating marshy grasslands of the Keibul Lamjao National Park, (southern parts of the Loktak Lake)
- Sangai finds itself embedded deep into the legends and folklore of the Meitei society
- Largest fresh water lake in the North–East India
- It is a stretch of water resembling a miniature inland sea
- Fishermen living in floating islands called Phumdis in floating huts known as Phumsangs are sights of this lake.
- It has been declared a Ramsar site
Keibul Lamjao National Park
- Only floating National Park in the world
- It is the last natural habitat of the “Sangai” ,the dancing deer of Manipur.
- National park is characterized by floating decomposed plant material locally called phumd
Vegetation: Moist semi–evergreen forests, has a amalgam of aquatic, wetland and terrestrial ecosystem