Published on: September 16, 2023
Skill India Digital (SID) Platform
Why in news? Government launched Skill India Digital platform for transforming India’s skill, education, entrepreneurship landscape
- SID is the digital public infrastructure (DPI) for skilling, education, employment and entrepreneurship ecosystem of India
- It aimed at synergising and transforming the skills, education, employment, and entrepreneurship landscape of India.
- The platform is designed to encompass all training programmes initiated by both central and state governments as well as various departments.
Who has built the platform ?
- It is built by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with multiple industry players
- The platform is part of the World Bank-assisted Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) programme.
What are the features of the programme ?
- SID provides support in multiple Indian languages.
- There is secure access with Aadhaar-based eKYC to ensure genuine participation.
- The platform has a mobile-first approach to ensure uninterrupted learning through handheld devices.
- SID showcases an individual’s skills and qualifications, in the form of Digitally Verified Credential.
- Digitally Verified Credentials helps users to present their qualifications, experiences and certifications in a digital format that carries an inherent layer of authenticity.
- The platform has used technology to offer secure, tamper-proof and verifiable solutions.
- Introduction of digital CVs via personalised QR code, potential employers or partners can access the portfolio of the candidate with a simple scan that showcase their skill, qualifications, experiences and achievements.