Published on: February 1, 2022
SNIPPETS – 1 FEBRUARY 2022
- A crocodile park, first of its kind, was commissioned at Dandeli in Karnataka recently near Dandelappa temple. The two-acre park has been built on the banks of river Kali. The project is implemented by the State tourism department.
- The Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala — the famed Hoysala temples of Belur, Halebid and Somananthpura in the State — has been finalised as India’s nomination for consideration as World Heritage for 2022-23.
- Street vendors selling food in BBMP jurisdiction will be able to ply their trade only after they undergo mandatory training and receive certification as per the new guidelines of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
- The Andhra Pradesh government proposes to create 13 new districts — as many as the number that exist in the state now. According to a draft notification under The Andhra Pradesh Districts (Formation) Act, 1974, boundaries of existing districts will be redrawn to double the number of districts or revenue divisions to 26.
- PM congratulates Prime Minister of Portugal H. E. Antonio Costa on re-election
- Services e-Health Assistance and Teleconsultation (SeHAT) is the tri-services teleconsultation service of the MoD designed for all entitled personnel and their families. Home Delivery of medicines under SeHAT to begin soon
- Parliamentary Budget session 2022-23 begins.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) has developed a draft National Higher Educational Qualification Framework (NHEQF), which is part of a set of reforms that the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 envisages.
- 3rd World Neglected Tropical Diseases Day recently observed on January 31.They are Diverse group of tropical infections which are common in low-income populations in developing regions of Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Day was first started in 2019 by prince of Abu Dhabi