Published on: December 4, 2021
SNIPPETS – 4 DECEMBER 2021
- PM inaugurated INFINITY FORUM , a fintech initiative of International Financial Services Centres Authority. It is a Flagship financial technology event uniting the world’s leading minds in policy, business, and technology to explore and advance the biggest ideas in FinTech
- An increase in discharge of sewage from cities and towns has resulted in the deterioration of water quality in the Periyar, according to the Kerala State Pollution Control Board. It is the longest river of Kerala and called as Lifeline of Kerala
- Longest migration route of lesser florican from Rajasthan tracked. The latest instance of migration detection is that of a male lesser florican covering a distance of 1,000 km from its breeding ground was recorded.
- Opening Ceremony of Gateway of India is being celebrated. The gateway was opened on 4th December 1924, by the Viceroy, the Earl of Reading
- Cyclone Jawad to bring heavy rain to Odisha, Bengal and A.P.
- Every year the Indian Navy Day is celebrated on December 4. This year the Indian Navy Day is celebrated on the following theme “ Indian Navy – Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive”.
- Centre has refused to accept Odisha state demand of declaring Paika revolution as first war of independence. Paikas were peasant militas of the Gajapati rulers of Odisha who offered military services to the king.
- Prime Minister has greeted the people of Goa on the day of the Feast of St. Francis Xavier.
- Every year, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) is marked on December 3.