Published on: January 4, 2022
SNIPPETS – 4 JANUARY 2022
- The Kalaburagi bench of the high court has said that drawing of the blood sample of an accused to determine the paternity of the child is neither self-incrimination nor violative of Article 20 (3) of the Constitution. According to the article No person accused of any offence shall be compelled to be a witness against himself.
- President notified the appointment of three additional judges of Bombay High Court as permanent judges and extended tenure of another additional judge of the HC by a year. It is according to Article 217 and 224
- Union Education Minister and Skill Development Minister launched NEAT 3.0, a single platform to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to students of the country.
- Several States are demanding a continuation of the compensation beyond June 2022. To do so GST Council must first recommend it and the Union government must then move an amendment to the GST law
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) celebrated 64th Foundation Day.
- The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Rani Velu Nachiyar on her birth anniversary.She was the queen of Sivagangai
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated Kalpana Chawla Centre for Research in Space Science & Technology (KCCRSST) at Chandigarh University recently