Published on: October 7, 2023
Snippets:5-6 OCTOBER 2023
- The 2023 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to Alexei Ekimov, Louis Brus, and Moungi Bawendi for their work on quantum dots — very small crystals with peculiar properties that have found application in a variety of fields, from new-age LED screens to quantum computers.
- Wrestler Sunil Kumar won the bronze medal in the Greco-Roman 87 kg category in the Asian Games. It was India’s first Greco-Roman medal in 13 years.
- The Indian quartet won gold medal in the men’s 4x400m relay at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou. Team comprised of Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Rajesh Ramesh and Muhammad Ajmal Variyathodi
- REC Limited, the Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, has launched a mobile application, exclusively for current and future investors in REC’s 54EC Capital Gain Tax Exemption Bonds. Named ‘SUGAM REC’, the mobile app will offer investors with complete details of their investment in REC 54EC Bonds.
- India Re-elected as President of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a Third Successive Term
- Millets FPO Exhibition organised for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) at BSF Camp in Chhawala, New Delhi
- Every year, World Cerebral Palsy(CP) Day is celebrated on October 6. Theme for 2023 is “Together Stronger.”
- The International Coral Reef Breakthrough Initiative (ICRI) was launched. It was launched in partnership with the Global Fund for Coral Reefs (GFCR) and the High-Level Climate Champions (HLCC). It is a network including 45 countries that represent over 75% of the world’s coral reefs
- Government of India notifies constitution of National Turmeric Board in Telangana. It will be constituted under Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Rural Development and panchayat raj department has rolled out 44 new services at Bapuji Seva Kendras
- In a first in the country, BBMP to administer 5-in-one vaccine to stray dogs