Published on: October 22, 2023
Star rating programme for solar PV modules
Why in news? India Launches Star Ratings Of Solar Panels
- Launched by -Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), a subsidiary of the Ministry of Power
- Ratings -Provides ratings from 1-5 stars on the basis of the efficiency of modules
- Panel with efficiency of 17% to 18% will be rated 1-star and rating with 5-star for efficiency greater than 22%.
- Features-It is a voluntary for first two years and will be made mandatory there after
- Panel manufacturers will have to get registered under the programme to get their products rated.
- Star labelling scheme prepared by BEE for PV modules is from January 1, 2024 till December 31, 2025
- Aim-To contribute to the larger goal of enhancing the share of renewable energy and reducing emission intensity of GDP by 45% by 2030
- Help consumers choose the best of the panels while getting solar installation from vendors