Published on: February 17, 2022
Chief Justice of India has questioned the Centre over vacancies in various tribunals despite the Supreme Court nudging the government to fill them up soon
WHAT – Statutory, quasi-judicial body
FUNCTION – Resolve disputes in a speedy, cost-effective and inefficient manner that are brought before it
- Added by 42nd Amendment Act, 1976 with a new Part XIV-A to the Constitution on recommendation of Swaran Singh Committee
- 323-A – deals with Administrative Tribunals
- 323-B – deals with tribunals for other matters
- Works on principle of natural justice, not abide by civil procedure code.
- Members are drawn from Judicial and administrative streams.
- Chairpersons of tribunals accorded Status of judges of HC